Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Culture of Poland

The Polish Culture is funny.

For example, they are so relaxed and yet they always look so nice! Even at camp. This is a woodsy, outdoorsy, camp and the people here are dressed like they are going to walk down a runway while I'm in my plain white T and running shorts. Blah.

They don't use bells or alarms here unless your waking up. At camp you will roll into the next schedule event without even knowing. Sometimes the only way I know that we're doing something is when I look around and realize that there's only one other person with me and that all the children are missing. I have no idea how they know what's going on.

Another thing that's funny is the structure of their meals. First of all they eat so many carbs and not much fruits or veggies; and yet they are they the skinnest people! America's got it all wrong I guess. For breakfast they eat bread with jelly, butter, or bread with meat, cheese, tomatoes, or cucumbers. Weird right? Who eats open faced sandwiches for breakfast? I tried it anyways my tummy wasn't completely alright with it though.

Lunch is the biggest meal of the day. They always have soup. Then they have a side of meat, potatoes, and some type of veggie. Midday they have a snack, then dinner is the same as breakfast with maybe an extra something. They hardly ever have dessert and if they do it's like a piece of bread unless you get a Magnum Ice Cream Bar or a Lion Bar from the Snack Shack :)

The Polish people hardly drink water. They tell the kids to remember to drink it and yet they NEVER serve it at our meals. It's always tea or a waterdown juice. They sometimes have coffee in the AM. I'm becoming an addict to coffee. It's getting stronger by the day. Otherwise tea is the main liquid here.

The weather here is also very strange. Other people from the states say that their weather is weird like it is here but I have never been anywhere where the weather is always changing like it does here. Poland has weather bipolar bad. It's always cold in the night and during the morning. Then during the day it might be sunny and hot, hardly ever humid. But if it get's rainy and hot then it's humid. If the clouds go infront of the sun then it's all of a sudden freezing.

I just don't understand...

4 comments:

  1. Just to say I don't really have the time to edit here so I apologize for any in proper grammer and english problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice morgan! I hope you're having a good time and I can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is julia by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the meals of Haiti. Always coffee in the morning and lunch always the largest meal. I am glad that it is not to terribly humid there though. I miss you and I hope that your whole trip is blessed by God :)

    ReplyDelete