Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blue Skies and Summer Breezes

What is one thing your grateful for today?

That's one of my favorite questions to ask myself. Everyday could be different answer but everyday could be the same. I feel like we don't take enough time to pause in the middle of our days, let alone think of something we appreciate.

Yesterday, I spent the day out in St.Paul at a friend's house. We had fun touring the neighborhoods, driving around, and gawking at the houses on Summit Ave. We went downtown and bought fresh food from the farmers market and brought it back to her vintage decorated house to prepare a meal for us to sit down around a table and eat. We all come from different backgrounds of families. One left his parents. Another has parents but they don't play the role of parent. One has a mom and dad who loves and cares and another has the same just it's her moms who raise her without any dad.

We sat sipping our soup and forking our salads, as a cool summer breeze blows though the kitchen. We made small talk about the weather and how everyone's weekend was until I asked, when the awkward silence began, "What is one thing your grateful for today?"

To not make it anymore uncomfortable for people I told them that I would start first. I shared how much I was enjoying the cool weather and how it's nice not to have it so hot for a change. The next person who went was thankful for the food we made and how delicious it was. Another person was thankful for the friendships that she had and the fact that she can bring friends from different parts of her life together. After mentioning our gratitudes there was almost a peace of contentment surrounding our table. Like a sudden thought of, hey, maybe life isn't that bad.

I guess the moral of the story is to be thankful for what you have. So, what are you grateful for? I'll give you a few examples, here are seven things I'm grateful for about my summer.

1. My Niece- She brings so much joy to our family not to mention a lot of excitement and random-dance-parties-of-entertainment.

2. Classic Disney Movies- Great memories, good time with friends, and the movies, they just never get old.

3. Kids- They're beautiful, so innocent {sometimes}, and make the best comedians.

4. Wonderful, real, genuine friends-There are only so many "real" people you can find in this world. I'm glad I found most of them.
(P.S. I apologize if you didn't make it in this picture BUT you were obviously thought about as being placed in the blog under most Spoko Amigos)

5. Blue Skies and Crisp Breezes-Lovely, need I say more.

6. My Trip to Poland-May it never be forgotten.

7. And Last but not least, I'm thankful for Ice Cream - yum.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan,
    Really enjoy reading your blog. You have great insight on life at a young age, that is awesome. I am grateful for your blog reminding me of all the things I am grateful for. thanks.

    ReplyDelete