Sunday, June 16, 2013

To my father.

 Marque M Jensen, my father, thank you for being all that you have been in my life.

Thank you for your hard work and many jobs. Thank you for not being stagnent in life. Thank you for standing up for what is right, even if you get crap for it. Thank you for being a speaker, mentor, teacher, pastor, and friend to many. Thank you for your commitment to get jobs done. Thank you for the long hours you spend to support our family. Thank you for the positive outlook you have on life, knowing that God can bring light out of any situation.

Thank you for your appreciate of cultures. Thank you for not letting your skin color define who you are. Thank you for being too hard to label. Thank you for your respect of all people, your love, and kindness shown. Thank you for your many friends of many background and the many times they have come to share their stories to our family  Thank you for not letting history define us. Thank you for helping liberate people.

 Thank you for being a godly role model in our families life. Thank you for loving mom as Christ loves the Church. Thank you for the 30 plus years of commitment you have with her. Thank you for raising my two crazy brothers, Jared and Tyler, and for showing them what a true man is. Thank you for being the greatest grandpa to Vivvi and for caring and playing with her even after a long day of work.

 Thank you for teaching me that I can chase after my dreams and go against the current of life. Thanks for letting me join football, fly alone to Poland, and go to college young. Thanks for supporting me in all my activities and encouraging me to do my best. I also thank you for the times when I quit things or when I can't quite measure up because I know you love me just the same. I thank God for the fights that we have had because I know that in the end in has made our relationship and communication better. Thank you for letting Josh into the family and being a role model to him. Thank you for modeling to us what a God-centered relationship is.

Thank, and thanks again. I'm sorry for times when I am short with you or am stand offish. I love you so much even if I can't or don't always display it I know that I wouldn't be the girl I am today if it wasn't for having you as a father.

Thank you for writing and encouraging me to write. Thank you for running and biking and encouraging me to do the same. Thank you for speaking, encouraging me to do it as well  Thanks for going out of your comfort zone and going on adventures and which has encouraging. Thank you for being genuine, real, and intentional and giving me and many others the encouragement to be so as well.

You're the greatest, dad

&

 I thank God for you.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan - you are SO welcome, I love you so much, and thanks for taking the time to say thanks! I am richly blessed

    ReplyDelete