Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gap Year: November 7th. Day 64.

When I decided to take a gap year my junior year of high school. I never knew it would lead to this. Only, God could have orchestrate the past year an a half. 

Starting at North Central during my senior year of high school, I prayed for a best friendIn my psych class of 100+, we were placed into groups of 5. Little did I know that the guy who I thought was a yuppy white kid with a funny last name would a few weeks later become my best friend.

The next week, we made plans to bike and everyone canceled and we rescheduled for the next day. Next day, same thing happened and we both skeptically when for a ride together. I took you to the Electric Fetes and you showed me how to better work my camera on the Franklin bridge. We talked about our families, our futures, and God. 

With no intentions, you and I became best friends. Biking, cultures, art, and God brought us together. After lots of pray and decrement November 16th, 2012 you asked my dad for permission to date me. We both knew we wouldn't date unless we were marriage material for each other.  

Though the spring and summer, we learned more about ourselves and each other. We made 2 documentaries together and 1 unfinished filmed. We biked 100 miles in one day as well as running 13.1 another day. We've been to majority of the midwest together and have had several on/off months apart. We've had crappy jobs, hard experiences, and challenges to overcome. 

In August, we both realized that we could see marriage in the near future. You dad said that the two biggest decisions that one can make is 1.) Their decision to follow Christ and 2.) Who they chose to marry. My dad said that who you choose to marry isn't someone you think you can live with but who you can't live without. 

Josh Chitwood, I'm so thankful that God placed you in Minneapolis and into my life. I can't wait to spend my life with you and Jesus. I'm so thankful to finally have a friend who likes to run 13.1 miles or bike 100, whose budget for a shirt is $3.00, who watches people and does crafts for fun, and who eats and shops in places that others may say is sketchy. You are such a fantastic blessing in my life. You've helped me to become more of who God has created me to be. You've accepted me for who I am even though we both know we aren't perfect. Thank you for challenging me in my faith everyday and for telling me that I am blessed and beautiful to be me. Most importantly, thanks for loving Jesus more than you love me. I thank and praise God (again and again) for you.

P.S. I can't wait to take you're funny last name :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment